The two of you have narrowed those marriage plans down to a date and a place. You’ve chosen a Put-in-Bay Wedding , somewhere on Lake Erie, maybe in the beautiful harbor with its sailboats anchored on the water below the Put-in-Bay Monument. It all sounds lovely, but who do you talk to organize the most important day of your two lives and make it a resounding reality?
You’re in luck because a Put-in-Bay Wedding Service to help you is just a few clicks away! The owner, island resident Maisie Ruchala, has been helping people with Put-in-Bay weddings for the last 14 years and has personally married 500 couples who wanted an alternative to a big church wedding. Maisie is an ordained chaplain from the World Christian Ministries and is licensed by the State of Ohio.
Maisie performs wedding ceremonies, vow renewal, and same-sex marriages. Maybe you want a small ceremony for just the two of you. Perhaps you want a large one with attendants and many guests. In any case, Maisie can help you. Maisie offers many local island-style Put-in-Bay Wedding ceremonies or you can customize your own. She can help you write your vows, give a special blessing and suggest readings and music. She can make your ceremony unique with the opening, exchange of vows and exchange of rings, etc.
Maisie can marry you at various places on the island, including the finest Put-in-Bay Hotels. She’s married many couples at Oak Point State Park, a favorite location with the boats, the lake, the harbor, and the Monument in the background. She’s also married people at the South Bass Island Lighthouse, at the Crew’s Nest, the Keys, at the Gazebo in DeRivera Park, at the Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel, the winery, and at private venues here on the island. If you want a particular spot on the island, Maisie can help make it happen if possible.
Tips For Planning A Put-in-Bay Wedding
Planning a wedding in Put-in-Bay can be an exciting and memorable experience. This island destination offers a unique and romantic setting for your special day with its picturesque landscapes, charming venues, and vibrant atmosphere. To help you navigate the planning process, here are some valuable tips for planning a Put-in-Bay wedding.
- Start Early: Begin your wedding planning process well in advance to secure the best venues, vendors, and accommodations. Put-in-Bay is a popular wedding destination, especially during summer, so early planning is essential.
- Choose the Right Venue: Put-in-Bay offers a variety of venues to suit different wedding styles and sizes. Whether you prefer a waterfront ceremony, a charming garden setting, or an elegant indoor space, explore options and select a venue that aligns with your vision.
- Consider Accommodations: As many guests may be traveling to attend your wedding, it’s essential to consider their accommodation needs. Put-in-Bay offers a range of lodging options, from hotels and resorts to vacation rentals and charming bed and breakfasts. Make sure to reserve a block of rooms in advance and provide your guests with accommodation suggestions.
- Plan Transportation: Put-in-Bay is a pedestrian-friendly island, and most venues are within walking distance. However, it’s a good idea to arrange transportation for your guests, especially if you’re hosting events at multiple locations or if your guests prefer not to walk long distances. Consider renting golf carts or arranging shuttle services to make it convenient for everyone.
- Hire Local Vendors: Utilize the services of local vendors who are familiar with the island and have experience working on Put-in-Bay weddings. They can provide valuable insights and suggestions, ensuring a seamless and stress-free planning process.
- Weather Considerations: Remember that weather conditions can vary, especially during outdoor ceremonies. Have a backup plan in case of rain or extreme weather. Consider renting tents or choosing a venue with indoor options to ensure a comfortable experience for you and your guests.
- Incorporate Island Elements: Take advantage of the island’s unique charm and incorporate Put-in-Bay elements into your wedding. From nautical themes to lake-inspired decorations, embrace the island vibes to create a memorable and personalized experience.
- Explore Local Attractions: Encourage your guests to make the most of their time on the island by providing information about local attractions and activities. From visiting Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial to exploring the wineries or enjoying water sports, there are plenty of options to keep your guests entertained during their stay.
- Local Marriage License: If you choose to have a legal ceremony on Put-in-Bay, make sure to obtain a marriage license from the Ottawa County Probate Court. Check the specific requirements and timelines to ensure all legalities are met.
- Plan for Guests’ Enjoyment: As your guests travel to attend your special day, plan activities and events to make their experience enjoyable. Organize welcome parties, rehearsal dinners, or group outings to make the most of your time together and create lasting memories.
- Inform Your Guests: Keep your guests informed about the island, its unique features, and any specific instructions or details they need to know. Create wedding websites or send out detailed invitations with all the necessary information, including transportation options, dress code, and weekend itinerary.
- Relax and Enjoy: Finally, remember that the purpose of your wedding day is to celebrate your love and commitment. Take time to relax, enjoy the process, and soak in the beauty and joy of your special day on Put-in-Bay.
By following these tips and staying organized throughout the planning process, you can create a memorable and enchanting wedding experience for yourself and your guests in the beautiful setting of Put-in-Bay.